2015 Post RCA
make a camera obscura projector for android phone
make snail habitats - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-28Q7U0jQc
from vice video: "With one of the lowest birth rates in the world, South Korea is in danger of disappearing by the end of the millennium. If the situation stays as it is, South Koreans are predicted to become extinct by 2750." When will Singapore become extinct?
things to watch
- IF YOU BUILD IT
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/if_you_build_it/ about a scheme to teach design to school kids. but is a remarkable thing. http://viooz.ac/movies/27198-if-you-build-it-2013.html
- Tonkotsu: 63 Dean St, London W1D 4QG; 020 7437 0071; tonkotsu.co.uk; twitter/com/tonkotsulondon
- Tonkotsu East: Arch 334 1a Dunston Street, London E8 4EB
- Bone Daddies: 31 Peter St, London W1F 0AR; bonedaddiesramen.com
POMODOROS OF FUN
- INSTEAD OF NIGHTS WHERE WE WATCH YOUTUBE, WE SHOULD MAKE YOUTUBE HISTORY!
- INSTEAD OF DAYS WHERE WE SIT AND READ, WE SHOULD SIT AND WRITE!
- INSTEAD OF WEEKS WHERE WE JUST SIT AT HOME, WE SHOULD GO OUT AND WALK!
- Make a Nanoblocks Merlion and draw out the instructions for making one
- Create an ASMR Radio Station that plays only ASMR sounds - ADDENDUM: CHINESE ASMR???
- Become a 15 second instagram musician
- Draw your own "where's wally book". Or maybe a "where's georgina the turnip book"
- Write short songs for every day of the week. Write songs for all the planets. Write songs for each colour. Write songs for furniture in the room. Write songs for each ingredient in the kitchen. Write songs for lists of things, one by one. Write a song for everyone in the house. One by one. Write a song for each of your toes.
- Make a generative band. Generate a band name with seapunknames. Generate lyrics with song lyrics generator.
- Kenneth Goldsmith - Uncreative writing exercise - "Each semester, for their final paper, I have them purchase a term paper from an online. Each student then must get up and present the paper to the class as if they wrote it themselves, defending it from attacks by the other students. What paper did they choose? Is it possible to defend something you didn’t write? Something, perhaps, you don’t agree with? Convince us. All this, the suppression of self-expression is impossible. We retype documents and transcribe audio clips. We make small changes to Wikipedia pages (changing an a to an an or inserting an extra space between words).
- Watch a football match. I MEAN LIKE IF IM NOT ALLOWED TO PARK A CAR IN STOKE NEWINGTON COS OF STUPID ARSENAL, I HAD BETTER SEE WHAT THE FUSS IS ALL ABOUT, INNIT?
- Buy a tent and camp in the garden. Or stay in the garden longer than one needs to stay. Last one to go in wins. Or how about pretending to live in a cardboard box in the garden. HOW LONG CAN YOU STAND LIVING IN THE SAME CARDBOARD BOX WITH DEBBIE! HA!
- Make musical instruments. IN HALF AN HOUR! YEAH!! This is good reference, perhaps: http://www.michaeljking.com/plans.htm
- Make a time capsule and bury it in Paignton Park.
- Invent new ice cream flavours. Like mushroom.
- Do something on this list but without turning on the lights or any electronic device for ONE NIGHT. OR MAYBE ONE HOUR. OR HALF AN HOUR AT LEAST. I think that can be a blackout game. Yeah. Imagine its a black out... Makes everything more exciting. A SLAPPING CONTEST IN THE DARK? A SPEED EGGTART EATING CONTEST IN THE DARK? HOW ABOUT A DRAWING CONTEST IN THE DARK? Yeah competitive blackout activities. WHY NOT?
- Buy fireworks and try to set them off to music. With a portable speaker. Um. YEAH!!!! WHILE WEARING A SUIT MADE OF CARDBOARD AND TINFOIL.
- CUT UP SOME BEER BOTTLES LIKE THIS - http://seriouslyforreal.com/more/turn-your-beer-bottles-into-glass-cups-5-easy-steps/ - get sandpaper
- Make Costumes out of natural materials - http://www.boredpanda.org/wilder-mann-charles-freger/
- Make paper flowers: http://www.beverage.co.jp/fun/papercraft/flower/
- Make Paper trophy: http://ninjatoes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/papercraft-trophy.html
Games for two
- The Wolf game: First, we have to go to a park. Next, I close my eyes for five seconds while you go and hide. After that I'll come look for you. If i find you and get a hold of you, then I get to chew on your arm.
- Playing Dead: You can pretend to be dead. The objective of the game will be to bring you down to the ground floor without your help and with you pretending to be a complete dead weight. I might have to drag you the whole way. But hey, thats the game.
Food to make
- green tea jelly with yuzu and tangerine because it sounds refined and delicate
- unfeasibly unhealthy chocolate bars - http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2013/07/heavenly-smores-bars-recipe.html#more
- beancrumb with sugar and garlic
- Make a savoury or creamy jelly salad. Miso jello soup? Somen vegetable jello soup?
- JELLY TOWER FOOD INSPIRATION - http://www.wired.com/design/2013/08/the-ultimate-apocalypse-cuisine-a-12-course-meal-in-a-can/
- chickpeas - http://ourlittlegreendot.com/addictive-crunchy-roasted-chickpeas/
- Make Muah Chee: http://ellenaguan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/homemade-muah-chee-in-15-minutes.html
- Salted Caramel: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/05/22/homemade-salted-caramel-sauce-recipe/
Places to go
- I want to climb a dramatic cliff, like the pigeon spire on the bugaboos, made of granite, in canada - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bugaboos